A Notary Public ‘s the first thing we ask for when we are asked to notarize a document is for the signer to present a valid identification. In Florida, acceptable identifications that a Notary Public can accept are the following:
- A valid driver’s license. Must be current or if expired issued within the past five years
- US passport issued by the Department of the State of the United States
- Foreign passport if stamped by the US Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Driver’s license officially issued in Mexico or Canada
- US military ID
- A identification card issued by the US Immigration and Naturalization Service. (resident Alien ID or green card
A Florida Notary Public cannot accept your photo Costco’s card, credit card with a photo, or work ID. We all too often get asked to accept unacceptable identification. We cannot and will not accept any other forms of identification other than that listed above. As a notary we are commissioned by the State of Florida to act as witnesses to the signing of documents. We will abide by the Notary Laws and accept only valid ID when asked to notarize documents. Please understand we want to help you and get your forms notarized but we will not break the Notary laws. Thanks for understanding!